Tuesday 16 April 2013

Conclusion


THE DARK SIDE OF URBANISATION-CONCLUSION

“What strange phenomena we find in a great city, all we need do is stroll about with our eyes open. Life swarms with innocent monsters.” 
― Charles Baudelaire

My blog focused on the negative effects of urbanization  I touched on overcrowding, traffic congestion, loss of culture, disparities in development, poverty, environmental degradation, urban sprawl, pollution/litter and unemployment. These are just a few of the issues associated with the vast development of cities. All these issues have serious effects on the functioning of urban spaces and the relationship between urban spaces and people. 

http://urbanizationdisparity.blogspot.com
 By Tammy was very interesting as it highlighted major disparities of development among various cities in Trinidad. She took a more holistic view where as I simple focused on the disparities in development within Port-of-Spain. I especially liked the post on Tabaquite because it was the most educational for me as I know nothing about that area.

http://tt-urban-safari.blogspot.com/
By Jainey. I loved this blog the pictures and the concepts discussed was very captivating.The entry on culture and urban living space best relates to my blog however my favorite blog was urban politics  Not much people know and understand the history of the university of Woodford Square so it was great to see you incorporate that in your blog. With respect to culture the clothing in the picture relates to my blog on loss of culture through globalization.

http://city-vibez.blogspot.com/
By Alyssa. This blog incorporated some of the negative effects of urbanisation similar to my blog however its purpose was to show how culture shapes urban spaces. I especially liked the post on acceptance of vagrants. That post shows exactly what I was talking about in terms of the mindsets people have towards the homeless in Trinidad.


1 comment:

  1. Good -- be proud! Would love to hear you talk about these other blogs more.

    ReplyDelete